Eligibility for Industry/State Govt. sponsored candidates for admission to the full-time PhD program under the “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT” sponsored by DeitY, Govt. of India for the Academic year 2015-16.
Minimum Grade Point Average of 6.5/10 or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) of marks in M.E./M.Tech/M.S. in Electronics/Communication/Computer Science/IT or equivalent.
How to apply:
Candidates are requested to apply in the format available at this link. Eligible candidates will be called for interview at the Institute.
At the time interview, candidates are require to bring all original and self-attested copies of certificates and Degrees along with No Objection Certificate (NOC), Experience certificate, Salary slips of last three months and Employer’s PAN number.
At the time of admission, candidates are required to produce NOC from their employer-organization that includes the following:
- The candidate has been officially released from his/her duties for the purpose of joining the programme and has been granted leave for the required period.
- The services of the candidate shall be retained by the employer and minimum financial grant/support provided by employer for pursuing PhD should not less than the support provided to PhD candidates as per ‘Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme’ of Deity.
Advertisement for admission to the full-time PhD program under the “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT” sponsored by DeitY, Govt. of India for the Academic year 2015-16.
This is a highly competitive national level PhD fellowship scheme under the National Policy on Electronics, Govt. of India for motivated students in the upcoming state-of-art Electronic System Design and Manufacturing and IT and IT Enabled Services research areas. The salient features of the program are:
- This is a full-time PhD program with fellowship for a maximum period of five years.
- Fellowship @ Rs. 22,500 per month for 1st and 2nd yr, and @ Rs. 25,000 per month for 3rd, 4th, and 5th yr. (This will be revised to Rs. 31250 and Rs 35,000 per month, respectively)*
- HRA on the abovementioned amount is available to candidates who do not reside in the campus as per government rules.
- Annual contingency grant @ Rs. 30,000 per year per PhD student.
- In addition, a PhD candidate under this scheme is eligible to apply for an international travel support of upto Rs. 50000 from DeitY.
For more information, visit http://phd.medialabasia.in/fulltimephd.php
* This is subject to confirmation by DeitY
Number of Seats : 05 ( 02 for ESDM and 03 for IT/ITES)
We invite applications from eligible candidates in the following thrust areas of research under the above scheme at UIET, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Wireless Communication, Optical Communication, Image Processing, Nanotechnology, Cognitive Neuroscience, Signal Processing, Distributed Computing, Data and Web Mining, Natural Language processing, Bio-medical Digital Image Processing
Minimum Grade Point Average of 6.5/10 or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) of marks in M.E./M.Tech/M.S. in Electronics/Communication/Computer Science/IT or equivalent with valid GATE score or CSIR-NET
How to apply:
Eligible candidates are requested to apply in the format available at this link. Last date of submission of applications: 7 July, 2015. Interviews are likely to happen in the second week of July, 2015.